Thursday, October 3, 2013

Oh My gosh! Do you guys know about the fall of Byzantine Empires!?

***~~~Must Read~~~~***


Ok, so I was fortunate enough to be able to actually go into the church of Hagia Sophia! I scheduled a man named "Batu" to meet me there so he can tell me a little bit about the history. Well, he was very smart and answered all of my questions. Here are some of things he said.....

In the first half of the 5th century, Rome was cut into two halves. The eastern half became known as the Byzantine Empire. Different tribes from Germany were fighting each other for the western part. The Salvic people were at war with the Byzantines for a very long time. They were fighting for the Balkan Peninsula and land around the Black Sea. Soon the Byzantines began to convert the Salvic people into Christianity. The Byzantines had lost much land to the Muslim's, but Constantinople still ruled Asia Minor, Greece and Sicily.

But they soon received ferocious attacks from nomadic people in Central Asia. The Seljuk Turks overwhelmed the Byzantines in 1071, at the Battle of Manzikert. Within ten years, the Seljuk Turks occupied all of Asia Minor, the eastern heartland of Byzantium. The Byzantine Empire seemed to go downhill from that.
This is the Hagia Sophia!
Wasn't that the MOST interesting thing you have ever read!?!
Well I'm back to my adventures! I'll be posting more so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment